Sometimes you need a sensor that can hold its own in harsher environments. Capable of handling operating temperatures from -40˚C to +105˚C, the VCNL4020X01 provides a robust solution for a variety of applications — and does it with style.
The VCNL4020X01 simplifies designs by combining an IR emitter, a photo-pin-diode for proximity, an ambient light detector, a signal processing IC, and a 16-bit ADC in one small 4.9 x 2.4 x 0.8mm rectangular leadless (LLP) package. The 3-in-1 sensor features an interrupt function, supports I2C bus communication interface, and greatly simplifies window and sensor placement in a wide variety of automotive, consumer, medical and industrial applications.
While other products only achieve object detection up to 100mm, the VCNL4020X01 provides a programmable LED drive current from 10mA to 200mA in 10mA steps, allowing distances up to 200mm for touch and proximity applications. And to increase the range of the proximity sensor, the VCNL4020X01 includes an integrated external emitter driver. Plus, the ambient light photopin-diode built into the VCNL4020X01 offers sensitivity close to that of the human eye, with a 16-bit dynamic range for ambient light detection from 0.25lux to 16klux for contrast control and dimming applications.
With all the circuitry needed for automotive dashboard displays and portable electronics in one device, the rugged AEC-Q101-qualified VCNL4020X01 fully integrated proximity and ambient light optical sensor eliminates the need for additional light barriers and optical alignment of the IR emitter and photo diode.
Additional Product Benefits:
- Increased resolution with up to 60% improvement in emitter radiant intensity
- Low power consumption
- Floor life: 168h, MSL 3 according to J-STD-020
- Mobile devices (smartphones, touch phones, PDA, GPS)
- Consumer (white goods, cameras, game systems)
- Computing devices (notebooks, tablet PCs)
- Automotive and industrial devices (presence detection and displays)
- AEC-Q101 qualified
- Integrated infrared emitter, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, and signal conditioning IC
- Interrupt function
- Supply voltage range: VDD: 2.5V to 3.6V, IR anode: 2.5V to 5V
- Communication via I2C interface
- I2C Bus H-level range: 1.7V to 5V
|Part Number||Package: L x W (mm)||Package: Height (mm)||Integrated Components:|
|VCNL4020X01||4.9 x 2.4||0.8||.||.||.||.||.|
|VCNL3020||4.9 x 2.4||0.8||.||.||x||.|
|VCNL4020||4.9 x 2.4||0.8||.||.||.||.|
|VCNL4010||3.9 x 3.9||0.7||.||.||.||.|