The IRS2983 employs primary side regulation that reduces component count and simplifies design by eliminating the opto-isolator and other components necessary for isolated feedback for fixed loads.
The IRS2983 is a fully integrated, fully protected SMPS control IC designed to drive Flyback or Buck-Boost LED drivers.
The IRS2983 includes primary side power regulation, allowing a low cost isolated or non-isolated LED driver to be implemented without the need for an opto-isolator for a fixed LED load. The IRS2983 is also compatible with converters that include secondary feedback circuitry. Other features of the IRS2983 include a high voltage start-up enabling VCC supply to be derived initially from the high voltage DC bus until the auxiliary inductor winding is able to take over.
The IRS2983 operates in critical conduction (CrCM) or discontinuous (DCM) modes and is fully protected against open and short circuit as well as inductor saturation.
The IRS2983 may be used in single stage Flyback LED drivers with an unsmoothed DC bus to obtain high power factor and low THD.
Available in an 8-lead SOIC package, the IRS2983 utilizes IR’s advanced high voltage IC process to deliver superior protection from electrical over-stress also offering micropower start-up, low quiescent current, latch immunity and ESD protection and noise immunity.
- The new IC controller offers high power factor and low THD with output current regulation over wide input range for fixed load applications. Comprehensive protection features include hiccup mode over-voltage protection, cycle-by-cycle overcurrent protection and open and short circuit protection.
- Traditional incandescent, halogen, and CFL light sources are rapidly being replaced by LED bulbs and fixtures. The Flyback converter is the preferred power supply topology for a large segment of the LED driver market as Flyback LED drivers provide an attractive tradeoff between cost and performance.
- Flyback or Buck-Boost LED driver
- Critical conduction/transition mode operation
- Maximum frequency limit, discontinuous mode operation at light load
- Primary constant power control (primary side regulator)
- High voltage rapid start-up
- Cycle-by-cycle overcurrent protection
- Hiccup mode over-voltage protection
- High power factor
- Low THD
- Triac dimming option
- Micropower start-up
- Low quiescent current
- Latch immunity and ESD protection
- Noise immunity
- LED drivers
|Part Number||Io+/Io- (typical)||tON and tOFF (typical)||VCCUV+ (typical)||VCCUV- (typical)||IQCCUV (typical)||ICC (typical)||Package|