IR introduces the robust IR25750L general purpose current sensing IC available in an ultra-compact SOT23-5L package that boosts overall system efficiency while delivering dramatic space savings for high current applications.
Measuring high currents >10A through a power MOSFET or IGBT typically requires a large resistor which generates excess power losses. By extracting the voltage across the internal RDS(ON) of a power MOSFET or the VCE(ON) of an IGBT during the switch’s on-time, the IR25750L eliminates large external current sensing resistors, heatsinks, and excess power losses.
The IR25750L’s gate drive input provides the VCC supply voltage to the IC and synchronizes the RDS(ON) or VCE(ON) sensing circuit to the on and off times of the MOSFET or IGBT. Leveraging IR’s proprietary high voltage technology, the device also features 600V blocking capability necessary for blocking high VDS or VCE voltages during the switch off-time. Other key features include low gate input capacitance, internal filter delay at turn-on (200ns typ.) and internal 20.8V zener clamps on GATE and CS pins.
Featuring integrated ESD and excellent latch immunity on all inputs and outputs to enable rugged monolithic protection, the IR25750L is qualified to industrial grade and moisture sensitivity level 1 (MSL1).
• VDS(ON) or VCE(ON) sensing
• Eliminates external current sensing resistors
• Enables loss-less current sensing
• Enables inductance-less current sensing
• 600V blocking capability
• Programmability and temperature compensation possible
• No VCC required
• Gate drive on/off sync input
• Filter delay at GATE turn-on (200nsec typ.)
• 20.8V zener clamps on GATE and CS pins
• Excellent latch immunity on all inputs and outputs
• Integrated ESD protection and latch immunity on all pins
• Tiny 5-pin SOT-23 package
- MOSFET, DirectFET, or IGBT current sensing
- Overcurrent protection
- Industrial applications
- Motor control
- Power tools
- Brick converters
- Induction heating