The SN8000 is a certified 2.4GHz IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi module based on the Broadcom BCM43362 chipset. SN8000 is designed to fit indoor and outdoor sensor and control applications.
It integrates Wi-Fi IC, RF front end, temperature compensated crystal (TCXO) and on-board antenna. The module dimensions are 24 x 11.4 x 2.0mm.
SN8000 is enabled with Broadcom WICED™ SDK software to support low power, low cost microcontroller platforms from STM32 ARM Cortex M3 and M4 families.
The SN8000 module is an ideal solution for home automation, industrial control, smart energy, medical and healthcare applications with or
without cloud services.
A footprint compatible version with U.FL connector, SN8000UFL, is also available to connect to external antenna.
- 2.4GHz IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Chipset: Broadcom BCM43362 Wi-Fi
- Supports WPA/WPA2 Security
- Compatible with Broadcom WICED SDK for STM32 Cortex M3/M4
- FCC/IC certified, CE compliant
- RoHS2 compliant
|Evaluation kit SN8000EVK||88-00153-85|
- Home automation and home energy management systems
- Smart appliances
- Industrial control and monitoring
- Medical and healthcare
- Technology: 2.4GHz IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Antenna configuration: on-board or U.FL connector
- Transmit power: +18.5dBm at b mode/11Mpbs
- Max receive sensitivity: -96dbm
- Host interface: UART, SPI
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +85°C
EVALUATION BOARD FEATURES
- SN8000 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi module
- STM32F205RG ARM Cortex-M3 processor with integrated memory
- Mini-USB connector supporting USB-JTAG and USB serial interfaces to STM32F205RF
- Serial flash (8Mb) and interface connectors
- Pads for header to access the I/O pins of the SN8000 module
- Pads for header to access select I/O pins of the STM32F205RG
- Pads for header to access SDIO interface between SN8000 and STM32F205RG