SOLICON DRC Series solid state contactors are the most innovative compact DIN Rail Mounted, IEC standard based contactors in the market and combine all advantages of a solid state design with the functionality and simplicity of use of an electromechanical contactor.
SOLICON are the only contactors for motor control in the market with maximum switching frequency of 9000 cycles/hour, embedded auxiliary contacts (normally open and normally closed), 100KA short circuit current rating and the most frequently used AC and DC input control voltage configurations available (24VAC/DC, 48VAC/DC, 120VAC, 230VAC). These features make the SOLICON unique in the market, beating similarly rated competitive products on each front with a broader working temperature range (-30ºC to +80ºC), better resistance to surge current (750A), higher resistance to short circuit (2560 A2s), smaller size (height and depth) and greater life span (50 million cycles). All these premium features are included in both available SOLICON models:
Both models are rated up to 5HP at 480VAC. The DRC3P is available in either instantaneous turn-on (typically used for motor control) or zero-crossing turn-on (more often used with resistive loads). Both are available with either 2 or 3 controlled legs. The DRC3R reversing contactor also includes a control interlock feature that allows only off, forward and reverse operation in a safe mode, while providing relevant cost reduction and high space savings. Available with 2 operating voltage options (400VAC and 480VAC), 5HP motor rated (except the DRC3P contactor with 3 controlled legs which is rated at 3HP) and including an LED input status indicator, the DRC3 can be used in combination with the most frequently used overload relays and thermal magnetic circuit breakers (Schneider Electric’s LRD and GV2) thanks to their full mechanical and electric compatibility.
Crydom’s SOLICON DRC Series contactors are C-UL-US listed and compliant to IEC 60947-4-2 requirements. They are also CE certified to the IEC low voltage directive and compliant to the IEC EMC and RoHS directive.
- Maximum switching frequency of 9000 cycles/hour
- Embedded auxiliary contacts (normally open and normally closed, 18VAC to 280VAC)
- Reversing contactor includes both forward and reverse control in a unique 45mm package
- 100kA short circuit current rating
- The most used AC and DC input control voltage (24VAC/DC, 48VAC/DC, 120VAC, 230VAC)
- 4.8A and 7.6A motor controller rated solid state contactor
- Load voltage range up to 530VAC
- LED input status indicator
- Zero-crossing or instantaneous turn-on output
- Built-in over-voltage protection
- Ultra efficient thermal management design (patented)
- MTBF at +40°C of 159 years
- C-UL-US listed, IEC rated, CE and RoHS compliant, horsepower rated
- Hoists and cranes
- Motor operated valves
- Plastic extruder cooling fans
- Plastic injection mold adjustment
- Packaging equipment
- Machine tools
- Wood working machines
- HVAC heating pumps
*Performance varies based on operating parameters. See product datasheet for complete switching frequency information.