New high performance audio processors enable the streamlined development of connected home voice capabilities.
Designed to support advanced acoustic echo canceller and noise reduction for connected home applications, it enables the full duplex operation for seamless HD voice communication.
Microsemi’s new audio processor features the Timberwolf platform with innovative AcuEdge technology, which is a set of highly complex and integrated algorithms that allow the system to extract intelligible information from the audio environment to deliver clear communication.
Audio Processor for the Connected Home
Microsemi’s AcuEdge Technology integrates industry leading features and dedicated firmware to deliver high-quality hands-free voice performance while reducing system design complexity.
In complex noise environments such as gaming rooms, hallways with glass panels, and building lobbies, Microsemi’s AcuEdge Technology cancels echo, maintains a constant ambient noise (comfort noise) and converges during double-talk situations. While most solutions deliver only half-duplex operation, Microsemi’s proprietary algorithm is able to continuously converge and track changes in the echo path to support full duplex operation.
The connected home is about enabling users to talk to each other through connected devices. Connected devices could include integrated smart home gateway, intercom, media center, IP camera, and Skype. Microsemi AcuEdge Technology enables the full duplex operation between the connected devices to deliver on seamless high definition (HD) voice communication.
- DSP with voice specific hardware accelerators
- Dual ΔΣ DACs with output sampling up to 48KHz with 16Ω headphone drivers
- Single digital microphone input supporting up to 2 microphones
- Two TDM ports shared between PCM and Inter-IC sound (I2S)
- I2C and SPI slave port for host processor interface
- Master SPI ports for Flash interface
- 14 GPIO pins
- Works with MiTuner™ through UART port
- Ultra low power stand-by mode
- Full duplex AEC (narrowband and wideband)
- Long tail echo cancellation (up to 256ms)
- 44.1/48kHz stereo music playback with voice
- Advanced noise reduction to reduce background noise from the near-end speech signal
- G.168 line echo canceller
- Telephone signal detection and generation
- Call progress tone detection
- 16/22 band equalizer
- Howling cancellation – prevents oscillation in echo canceller audio path
Connected home applications such as:
- Security system
- Integrated smart home gateway
Use the following Resources to explore:
Microsemi AcuEdge Technology
- AEC for Connected Home
- ZL38060 Advanced Audio Processor
- ZL38060 Product Brief
- ZL38060 Datasheet
- ZL38060 Evaluation Board User’s Guide