The growing demand to network industrial systems and processes to improve operational efficiencies and reduce cost, has driven the use of Ethernet-based protocols such as EtherCAT®, CC-Link® IE, PROFINET®, Ethernet/IP™, Modbus® TCP and others. The challenge is in designing a cost-effective platform to support these multiple protocols, as well as integrate a highly-efficient processor subsystem to manage complex real-time operation. Renesas facilitates this system-level need with the R-IN32M3 multi-protocol industrial networking platform applicationspecific standard product (ASSP).
Customers integrating the R-IN32M3 into their devices can achieve up to a 5X improvement** in overall network performance using optimized hardware accelerators targeted at reducing packet handling overhead and RTOS management.
- ARM® Cortex™ M3 CPU at 100MHz
- Hardware accelerators significantly offload from the main CPU
- Hardware Real-time OS Accelerator (HW-RTOS)
- Hardware Ethernet Accelerators (IP/TCP/UDP Check Sum, Header ENDEC, Buffer manager)
- 1.3M bytes of on-chip RAM
- Dual-channel 10/100 Ethernet (with dual-channel PHY included*)
- EtherCAT or CC-Link IE slave controller on-chip (license free)
- 2-port real-time Gigabit switch, supports cut-through and store & forward operating modes, as well as support for IEEE1588 PTP and Device-Level-Ring (DLR) protocols
- High-speed, real-time port with dedicated DMAC
- Many peripherals and GPIOs
- Supports multiple protocols including:
*Dual channel PHY is included on the R-IN32M3-EC version only. **Average result measuring UDP throughput compared to ARM Cortex M3 MCU.
Learn more about Renesas R-IN and enter to win a free KickStart kit.