With design, production and support locations around the globe, TE Connectivity (TE) is one of the world’s leading relay manufacturers. TE has a long history of expertise in signal relays supported by well-known brands, and offers a wide variety of 2nd and 3rd generation signal relays to meet low current switching requirements with cost effective, low profile designs.
Ideal for small spaces, these compact relays are designed to switch signal-level loads in applications such as communications systems, test gear, thermostats, instrumentation, consumer electronics, intelligent buildings and industrial equipment. Engineered to switch maximum currents up to 5A, these relays usually switch only mA in application. These relays typically have relatively low operate and release times compared to general purpose relays. Most are sealed, and some offer surface mount terminals.
- Typically 2 form C
- 2A/5A rated current
- High contact reliability (ensured by bifurcated contacts)
- Low contact resistance
- 50mW to 200mW coil power, often also bistable (latching) versions
- SMT design for reflow soldering is common
- Network, modems, test access matrix
- RF: wireless infrastructure, antenna switching, high speed routers
- Computer, printer, fax interface, IP phones
- Thermostat, emergency lighting, fire and security control, elevator control
- Hands-free speaker switch, door module, CAN Bus
- Medical ultrasonic equipment