TE Connectivity´s (TE) Silicon ESD (SESD) arrays can help provide protection and improve reliability of electronics in applications including but not limited to consumer, portable and mobile electronics. The multichannel SESD flow-through arrays have low capacitance of 0.20pF with low insertion loss, which help protect high speed data signals. The SESD arrays provide robust ESD protection with 20kV contact and air discharge rating per the IEC61000-4-2 standard. The low capacitance SESD arrays enable signal integrity for today’s highest speed interfaces including USB 3.0/2.0, HDMI, eSATA, DisplayPort and Thunderbolt.
TE offers four- and six-channel miniature arrays which are up to 85% smaller than common multi-channel arrays for space constrained applications. TE’s ultra small packages have lower parasitic impedance which reduces insertion loss at high frequencies compared to larger-packaged devices. All of TE’s SESD arrays are in flow-through design packages which allow for matched impedance PCB trace routing essential for high speed signal integrity.
- Consumer, mobile and portable electronics
- Tablet PC and external storage with high speed
- Ultra high speed data lines
- USB 3.0/2.0, HDMI 1.3/1.4, DisplayPort interface, Thunderbolt interface (Light Peak), V-by-One HS, and LVDS interface
- Applications requiring high ESD performance in small DFN packages
- Low capacitance; provides low insertion loss for high speed data signals
- Provides ESD protection up to 22kV contact and air discharge per IEC61000-4-2
- Industry’s smallest footprint and lowest profile multi-channel ESD arrays help to optimize board space
- Flow-through and single connection design helps routing PCB matched impedance high speed data lines
- Helps protect electronic circuits against damage from Electrostatic Discharge (ESD), lightning and cable discharge events
- Helps assist equipment to pass IEC61000-4-2, level 4 testing