The AS5600 is an easy to program magnetic rotary position sensor with a high resolution 12-bit analog or PWM output.
This contactless system measures the absolute angle of a diametric magnetized on-axis magnet. This AS5600 is designed for contactless potentiometer applications and its robust design eliminates the influence of any homogenous external stray magnetic fields.
The industry standard I²C interface supports simple user programming of non-volatile parameters without requiring a dedicated programmer. An easy start and stop position programming in a so called “3 wire mode” without a programmer or digital interface is also implemented. The default range of the output is 0° to 360°. The AS5600 can be applied to smaller range by programming a zero angle (start position) and a maximum angle (stop position). The AS5600 is also equipped with a smart low power mode feature to automatically reduce the power consumption.
- Contactless angle measurement
- Simple user-programmable start and stop positions over the I²C interface
- Maximum angle programmable from 18° up to 360°
- 12-bit DAC output resolution
- Analog output ratiometric to VDD or PWM-encoded digital output
- Automatic entry into low power mode
- Highest reliability and durability
- Simple programming
- Great flexibility on angular excursion
- High resolution output signal
- Selectable output
- Low power consumption
- Contactless potentiometers
- Contactless knobs and pedals
- RC servos and other angular position measurement solutions