The ISL29125 is a low power, high sensitivity, RED, GREEN and BLUE color light sensor (RGB) with an I2C (SMBus compatible) interface. Its state-of-the-art photodiode array provides an accurate RGB spectral response and excellent light source to light source variation (LS2LS).
The ISL29125 is designed to reject IR in light sources, allowing the device to operate in environments from sunlight to dark rooms. The integrating ADC rejects 50Hz and 60Hz flicker caused by artificial light sources. A selectable range allows the user to optimize sensitivity suitable for the specific application. In normal operation mode the device consumes 56μA, which reduces to 0.5μA in power-down mode.
The ISL29125 supports hardware and software user programmable interrupt thresholds. The interrupt persistency feature reduces false trigger notification.
The device operates on supplies (VDD) from 2.25V to 3.63V, I2C supply from 1.7V to 3.63V, and operating temperature is over the -40°C to +85°C range.
- 56μA operating current, 0.5μA shutdown current
- Selectable range (via I2C)
- I2C (SMBus compatible) output
- ADC resolution 16-bits
- Programmable interrupt windows
- Two optical sensitivity ranges
- Range 0 = 5.7m lux to 375 lux
- Range 1 = 0.152 lux to 10,000 lux
- Operating power supply 2.25V to 3.63V
- I2C power supply 1.7V to 3.63V
- 6 Ld ODFN (1.65 x 1.65 x 0.7mm) package
- Smart phone, PDA, GPS, tablet PCs, LCD TVs, digital picture frames, digital cameras
- Dynamic display color balancing
- Printer color enhancement
- Industrial/commercial LED lighting color management
- Ambient light color detection/correction
- OLED display aging compensation