By continuing to improve audio quality, Class D audio amplifiers are fast becoming the preferred solution for home audio and video systems. International Rectifier has leveraged its advanced high voltage technology to offer high performance MOSFETs and gate driver ICs for Class D audio applications. When combined with their industry leading device ruggedness, they are enabling customers to deliver higher performance audio systems with higher power density and better reliability.
The PowIRaudio family of devices integrate a PWM controller and two digital audio power MOSFETs in a single package to offer a highly efficient, compact solution that reduces component count, shrinks PCB size up to 70% and simplifies Class D amplifier design.
The combination of an advanced audio controller IC with MOSFETs fully optimized for audio performance results in improved efficiency, THD, and EMI, allowing the IR43XXM family to operate without a mechanical heatsink over a wide power supply range on either a single or split power supply. High voltage ratings and noise immunity ensure reliable operation over various environmental conditions.
The single channel IR4301M and dual channel IR4302M offer the flexibility and convenience of building stereo amplifier and multi-channel designs in various channel configurations, while the devices’ 5 x 6mm and 7 x 7mm PQFN packages enhance the benefit of utilizing a smaller size of Class D topology.
Other key features common to the family include over-current protection, thermal shutdown, internal/external shutdown and floating differential input. The IR4302 also offers clip detection.
|Part Number||No. of Channels||Power Supply Voltage||Peak Output Power (RMS per CH)||Package|
|IR4301MTRPbF||1||80V or ±40V||130W||PQFN 5 x 6mm|
|IR4302MTRPbF||2||80V or ±40V||70W||PQFN 7 x 7mm|
- 2 channel integrated analog input Class D audio amplifier in a small 7 x 7mm PQFN package (IR4302)
- Clip and Fault reporting outputs (IR4302)
- Integrated analog input Class D audio amplifier in a small 5 x 6mm PQFN package (IR4301)
- No mechanical heatsink required
- High peak music power output
- Split or single power supply
- Differential or single-ended input
- Overcurrent, over-temperature and under-voltage protections with self-reset feature
- Start and stop click noise reduction
- High noise immunity
- RoHS compliant
- Home theater systems
- Docking station audio systems
- PC audio systems
- Musical instruments
- Karaoke amplifiers
- Game consoles
- Powered speaker systems
- General purpose audio power amplifiers