The Inverted Card Edge and Inverted Poke-In Platform are two-position, one piece connectors that share the same PC board footprint while offering flexibility in providing either a direct card edge mating solution or a poke-in wire connection to the underside of the LED array boards.
They provide a direct power connection between driver boards located on the underside of LED array boards found in most LED bulb designs. These connectors provide a minimum of at least 3.0mm creep and clearance distance from the connector contacts to any dead metal features within the lighting system design. The Inverted Poke-In connector provides an additional 1.0mm depth to accommodate wire insulation guide barrels on the bottom of the connector.
- Save time and cost by eliminating secondary SMT assembly processes by processing the ITB connectors at the same time as all other components on the printed circuit board
- Minimize LED light obstruction and shadowing with low profile connector design
- Provide increased stability with surface mount hold downs during driver board mating, un-mating and poke-in mating
- Improve speed and reduce cost of assembly with a connector design that allows for vacuum pick and place and the versatility of either tape and reel or loose piece packaging
- Meet specific design requirements with the Inverted Poke-In connector’s ability to accommodate 18-22AWG and 24-26AWG wire
- Provide a touch safe design once soldered to the printed circuit board with an optional cap available for both the Inverted Poke-In and the Inverted Card Edge connectors
- Retrofit LED bulbs
- Track lighting
- Spot lights
- Down lights