The new Vishay hybrid ENergY storage capacitors − ENYCAP™ − with low 2.5mm profiles feature industry high energy density of 13Ws/g.
Offering designers exceptional flexibility and enhanced charge and discharge performance for energy harvesting and power line backup applications, the Vishay BCcomponents 196 HVC ENYCAP series is available with a wide variety of layouts, capacitance values, and voltage ratings.
The ENYCAP series enters the market with up to six cells and capacitance values from 4F to 90F, with stacked through-hole, surface mount flat, and lay flat configurations featuring pins, tabs, and connectors. Voltage ratings range from 1.4V up to 8.4V. Its unique technology does not require cell balancing and provides soft charging characteristics <1A and low leakage current after 24 hours (IL) from 0.03mA to 0.24mA.
The 196 HVC ENYCAP series presents the best energy/volume rating in the industry. Its superior specifications are especially suited for applications such as embedded computers, utility meters, point of sales terminals, servers, data storage systems, professional remote controls, real-time clocks, emergency lighting, access systems and surveillance cameras, gaming and vending machines, and network equipment.
The devices offer a useful life up to 1,000 hours at +85°C and up to 5,600 hours at +60°C.
- Polarized energy storage capacitor with high capacity and energy density
- Voltage flexibility: 1.4V (single cell) to 2.8V/4.2V/5.6V/7.0V/8.4V (multiple cells)
- Available in stacked through-hole (STH, radial), surface mount flat (SMF) and lay flat configurations (LFC) with wire and connectors
- Useful life: up to 1,000 hours at +85°C and up to 5,600 hours at +60°C
- No cell balancing necessary
- Soft and low transient voltage controlled charging characteristic
- Non-hazardous electrolyte
- Maintenance-free, no service necessary
- Power backup for memory controller, flash backup, RAID systems, SRAM, DRAM
- Power failure and write cache protection for enterprise SSD and HDD
- Real-time clock power source
- Burst power support for flashlights, wireless transmitters
- Backup power for industrial PCs and industrial controls
- Storage device for energy harvesting
- Emergency light and micro UPS power source
|The key specifications: cells||1||2||3||4||5||6|
|STH case size (mm)||7 x 2.5, 12 x 2.5||7 x 5, 12 x 5, 35 x 25 x 7.5||7 x 7.5, 12 x 7.5, 35 x 25 x 10||7 x 10, 12 x 10, 35 x 25 x 15||7 x 12.5, 12 x 12.5||7 x 15, 12 x 15|
|SMF case size (mm)||7 x 7 x 2.5, 12 x 12 x 2.5||7 x 14 x 2.5, 12 x 24 x 2.5||13 x 14 x 2.5, 22 x 24 x 2.5||14 x 14 x 2.5, 24 x 24 x 2.5||-||-|
|LFC case size (mm)||14.5 x 12 x 2.5||14.5 x 24 x 2.5||14.5 x 36 x 2.5||14.5 x 48 x 2.5||14.5 x 60 x 2.5||14.5 x 72 x 2.5|
|Capacitance tolerance||-20% to +80%||-20% to +80%||-20% to +80%||-20% to +80%||-20% to +80%||-20% to +80%|
|Rated voltage (V)||1.4||2.8||4.2||5.6||7.0||8.4|
|Maximum surge voltage (V)||1.6||3.2||4.8||6.4||8.0||9.6|
|Energy density (Ws/g)||9 to 13||9 to 13||9 to 13||9 to 13||9 to 13||9 to 13|