The AS5047P is a high resolution rotary position sensor for high speed (up to 28krpm) angle measurement over a full 360 degree range. This new position sensor is equipped with revolutionary integrated dynamic angle error compensation (DAEC™) with almost 0 latency, and offers a robust design that suppresses the influence of any homogenous external stray magnetic field. A standard 4-wire SPI serial interface allows a host microcontroller to read 14-bit absolute angle position data from the AS5047P and to program non-volatile settings without a dedicated programmer.
Incremental movements are indicated on a set of ABI signals with a maximum resolution of 4000 steps/1000 pulses per revolution in decimal mode and 4096 steps/1024 pulses per revolution in binary mode. The resolution of the ABI signal is programmable and can be reduced to 100 steps per revolution, or 25 pulses per revolution.
Brushless DC (BLDC) motors are controlled through a standard UVW commutation interface with a programmable number of pole pairs from 1 to 7. The absolute angle position is also provided as PWM encoded output signal.
The AS5047P is available as a single die in a compact 14-pin TSSOP package.
- Up to 28krpm
- 14-bit core resolution
- Immune to external stray fields
- 12-bit incremental pulse count
- Zero position, configuration programmable
- ABI programmable decimal and binary pulse-count: 1000, 500, 400, 300, 200, 100, 50, 25, 1024, 512, 256ppr
- Independent output interfaces: SPI, ABI, UVW, PWM
Ideally suited to support BLDC motor commutation for applications such as:
- Factory automation
- Building automation
- Permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM)
- Stepper motors closed loop
- Optical encoder replacement