The first new series of Zener diodes with 500mW of power dissipation is available in the ultra-compact MicroSMF eSMP series package. Combining extremely tight voltage tolerances with low leakage current and excellent stability, the PLZ series is designed to withstand ESD pulses of 8000V (human body model), save PCB space, and increase pick-and-place speed for assembly lines.
The series offers 500mW power dissipation with voltage tolerances of ±2.5% in a symmetrical class SOD-323 flat lead package. With their compact footprints and low profiles of <0.6mm, PLZ series devices save significant PCB space when compared to diodes in similar plastic or glass SMD packages. The devices are optimized for voltage stabilization and reference voltage generation in power supplies and LED lighting.
PLZ series diodes feature a planar structure to guarantee high performance, ruggedness, and reliability characteristics. The devices provide a moisture sensitivity level (MSL) of 1 per J-STD-020, LF maximum peak of +260°C; meet the JESD 201 Class 2 whisker test; and are RoHS compliant, halogen-free, and Vishay GREEN. Ideal for automated placement, the diodes support wave and reflow soldering and allow for automated optical inspection (AOI) systems.
- Silicon planar Zener diodes, ultra small
- Low profile surface mount package
- Low leakage current
- Excellent stability
- High temperature soldering: +260°C/10s at terminals
- Wave and reflow solderable (reflow as per JPC/JEDEC® J-STD 020) (double wave as per IEC 61760-1)
- Designed to withstand ESD pulses:
- HBM 1500Ω/100pF/±8000V
- MM 0Ω/200pF/±800V
- Full Zener voltage range 2.0V to 39V under development
- Voltage stabilization and reference voltage generation in power supplies and LED lighting