Housed in a small leadless HVSON20 package, the UJA1169 SBC product family offers a highly integrated and flexible solution with HS-CAN interface including CAN FD active communication up to 2Mbit/s together with an integrated 5V or 3.3V low-dropout regulator with 250mA output current capability for microcontroller and/or other loads. The UJA1169 variants also provide a number of additional functions like a watchdog, an external 5V sensor supply, selective wake-up for Partial Networking support and many more.
UJA1169 Functional Description
The UJA1169 is a mini high speed CAN System Basis Chip product family containing an ISO11898-2:201x (upcoming merged ISO 11898-2/5/6) compliant HS-CAN transceiver together with an integrated 5V or 3.3V low-dropout regulator supply (V1) for a microcontroller and/or other loads, scalable up to 250mA. It also features a watchdog and a SPI. The UJA1169 can be operated in very low current stand-by and sleep modes with bus and local wake-up capability.
The UJA1169 comes in six different variants as depicted in the variant table below. The UJA1169TK, UJA1169TK/F, UJA1169TK/3 and UJA1169TK/F/3 variants feature a second on-board 5V low dropout regulator (V2) that supplies the internal CAN transceiver and can also be used to supply additional on-board hardware.
The UJA1169TK/X and UJA1169TK/X/F are equipped with a 5V supply (VEXT) for off-board components. VEXT is short circuit proof to the battery, ground and negative voltages. The integrated CAN transceiver is supplied internally via V1, in parallel with the microcontroller.
|Types||Stand-By Mode||Sleep Mode||LDO (5V)||LDO (3V3)||SPI||On-Board 5V CAN supply||External 5V Supply||Partial Networking||CAN FD Active||CAN FD Passive||LIMP|
The UJA1169 is designed with a unique fast internal push-pull regulator, offering thermal management via an optional external PNP transistor.
The external control loop stays always stable independently of the physical location of the PNP and the detailed characteristic of that PNP. For a better distribution of the power dissipation on the PCB this feature allows more distance between the UJA1169 and the PNP in order to prevent thermal hot-spots, as shown in the picture below.
The UJA1169xx/F variants support ISO 11898-6:2013 and ISO 11898-2:201x compliant CAN Partial Networking with a selective wake-up function incorporating CAN FD-passive.
CAN FD-passive is a feature that allows CAN FD bus traffic to be ignored in sleep/stand-by mode. CAN FD-passive partial networking is the perfect fit for networks that support both CAN FD and classic CAN communications. It allows normal CAN controllers that are not able to communicate CAN FD messages to remain in partial networking sleep/stand-by mode during CAN FD communication without generating bus errors.
The UJA1169 implements the standard CAN physical layer as defined in the current ISO 11898 standard (-2:2003, -5:2007,-6:2013). Pending the release of the upcoming version of ISO 11898-2:201x including CAN FD, additional timing parameters defining loop delay symmetry are included. This implementation enables reliable communication in the CAN FD fast phase at data rates up to 2Mbit/s.
A dedicated LIMP output pin is provided to flag system failures.
A number of configuration settings are stored in non-volatile memory. This makes it possible to configure the power-on and limp-home behavior of the UJA1169 to meet the requirements of different applications. The UJA1169 also includes dedicated modes for software development and end-of-line flashing.
FEATURES / BENEFITS
- ISO 11898-6:2013 compliant HS-CAN including CAN FD active communication up to 2Mbit/s and low short circuit current of 54mA
- Optional Partial Networking and CAN FD passive support
- Autonomous bus biasing according to ISO 11898-6:2013
- Fully integrated 5V or 3.3V low-dropout regulator with 250mA output current capability
- Enhanced thermal distribution with external PNP transistor
- Second integrated 5V low dropout regulator for up to 100mA
- Optional protected 5V sensor supply variant for off-board usage
- Stand-by and sleep mode with very low supply current
- Remote and local wake-up capability
- LIMP output to signal system failures
- Mode control via the Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI bus)
- Watchdog with Window, Timeout and Autonomous modes and microcontroller-independent clock source
- Easy and secure customer programmable configuration of selected functions via non-volatile memory
- Support for microcontroller RAM retention down to a battery voltage of 2V
- Leadless HVSON20 package (3.5mm x 5.5mm) with improved Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) capability and low thermal resistance
- Full software compatibility with the UJA116x product family
- Qualified in accordance with the AEC-Q100 Rev-G standard
- Excellent EMC and ESD performance, compliant with industry standards (IBEE for G5 and SAE)
Designed for Automotive
- Sun roof control modules
- Seat control modules
- Gear shift control
- Transmission control units
- Midsize body control computers
- Small headlight modules
- Center stack modules
- HVAC applications
- Engine control modules and many more