Efficient operation combined with the standard pin-out, space saving TSOT26 package are key features of the new 1.5A AP65101 and 2A AP65201 synchronous DC/DC buck converters introduced by Diodes Incorporated. Targeted toward consumer electronics, such as TVs, set-top boxes, computer monitors and home audio, these devices achieve maximum continuous current efficiencies up to 97% with improved efficiency at lower loads ensured by an automatic light load algorithm.
The AP65101/201 buck converters are designed for low voltage regulation, especially in distributed power architectures, and operate from 4.5V to 16V inputs while delivering adjustable output voltage from 0.8V up to 80% of VIN. A low quiescent supply current and integrated high and low side switches with low RDS(ON) both help to reduce power loss. Protection features, including under-voltage lockout, overcurrent, over-voltage and over-temperature, help prevent damage to downstream components and stress-induced premature component failure. The device enable pin also has a high voltage tolerance of up to 6V.
The high level of integration and minimal need for external components combined with the small-footprint TSOT26 package provide valuable cost and circuit board space savings. Current mode operation enables fast transient response and easy loop stabilization, while other features like programmable soft start and a 500kHz switching frequency contribute to ease of use.
- VIN 4.5V to 16V
- 1.5A AP65101 continuous output current, 2.5A peak
- 2A AP65201 continuous output current, 3A peak
- Efficiency up to 97%
- Automated light load improvement
- VOUT adjustable from 0.8V
- 500kHz switching frequency
- Internal soft start
- Enable pin
- Overcurrent protection (OCP) with hiccup
- Thermal protection
- Totally lead-free and fully RoHS compliant (Notes 1 and 2)
- Halogen and antimony free “green” device (Note 3)
- Gaming consoles
- Flat screen TV sets and monitors
- Set-top boxes
- Distributed power systems
- Home audio
- Consumer electronics
- Network systems
- FPGA, DSP and ASIC supplies
- Green electronics
1. No purposely added lead. Fully EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) & 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) compliant.
2. Click Here for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, ˝Green˝ and Lead-free.
3. Halogen- and antimony-free ˝green˝ products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and <1000ppm antimony compounds