ST has built a new architecture to reach best in class ultra low power figures thanks to its high flexibility. STM32L4 MCUs have scored 153 in the standardized EEMBC™ ULPBench® tests that compare the efficiency of ultra low power microcontrollers. Moreover, the STM32L4 series shatters performance limits in the ultra low power world. It delivers 100 DMIPS based on its ARM® Cortex®-M4 core with FPU and ST ART Accelerator™ at 80MHz.
STM32L4 microcontrollers offer dynamic voltage scaling to balance power consumption with processing demand, low power peripherals (LP UART, LP timers) available in stop mode, safety and security features, smart and numerous peripherals, advanced and low power analog peripherals such as op amps, comparators, LCD, 12-bit DACs and 16-bit ADCs (hardware oversampling).
STM32L4x6 devices extend the ultra low power portfolio and performance with an ARM Cortex-M4 core with DSP and floating-point unit at 80MHz. This series offers USB and a LCD driver in addition to the large set of peripherals.
- Shutdown mode: 30nA with backup registers without real-time clock (5 wake-up pins)
- Stand-by mode + RTC: 330nA with backup registers (5 wake-up pins)
- Stand-by mode + 32Kb of RAM: 360nA
- Stand-by mode + 32Kb of RAM + RTC: 660nA
- Dynamic run mode: down to 100μA/MHz
- Wake-up time (from stop 2 low power mode): 5μs
- Smart connected and Internet-of-Things (IoT)
- Consumer products