Analog Signal Chain
The MCP9600 is fully integrated thermocouple Electromotive Force (EMF) to degree Celsius converter, with integrated cold-junction compensation.
The MCP9600 provides user-programmable registers, adding design flexibility for various temperature sensing applications. The registers allow user-selectable settings, such as, low power modes for battery-powered applications, adjustable digital filter for fast transient temperatures and four individually programmable temperature alert outputs, which can be used to detect multiple, temperature zones.
- Integrated cold-junction compensation
- ±1.5°C (max.) measurement accuracy
- Four programmable temperature alert outputs
- 1 to 128 temperature samples burst mode
- 500μA (typical) operating current
- 2μA (typical) shutdown current
- Supported K, J, T, N, S, E, B and R types or thermocouples
- 0.0625°C (typical) hot and cold-junctions temperature measurement resolution
- Programmable digital filter for temperature
- I2C™ compatible 2-wire interface
- 2.7V to 5.5V operating voltage range
- 20-lead MQFN package