Sensirion’s new SDP3x digital differential pressure sensor measures just 5 x 8 x 5mm and opens up countless new integration and application possibilities for the measurement of air flows in medical and consumer applications. With its unrivaled small size, the SDP3x can be integrated in spaces previously impossible to consider. The new sensor is particularly suited for portable or mobile medical devices used for home care (medical ventilation) or for products in the consumer goods industry. The SDP3x sensor can measure differential pressure or be configured for mass flow measurement in a bypass configuration.
It’s not just the small size that’s impressive – the SDP3x also stands out with its accuracy, long-term stability, and no zero-point drift. The new SDP3x is reflow solderable and available in a pick-and-place package on tape and reel for industrial manufacturing. The small sensor also offers fast signal processing, response time and includes various other digital functions such as multiple I2C addresses or interrupt and alarm functions. All of these new features make Sensirion’s SDP3x series differential pressure sensor the perfect choice for cost-sensitive applications requiring high production volumes.
- Smallest size (5 x 5 x 8mm), opening up new dimension of applications
- Measurement range ±500Pa (±2 in. H2O), other ranges available later 2016
- Excellent accuracy and repeatability, even below 1Pa
- No zero-offset, no drift
- Calibrated and temperature compensated
- Fast sampling time of 2kHz at 16-bit resolution
- Digital I2C and analog output versions
- Reflow solderable, shipped in tape-and-reel for pick-and-place
- Medical home care applications
- Portable medical devices
- Lifestyle and consumer products
- Filter monitoring
- Heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC)