Power Regulation, Conversion and Management
The MP2908A is a high voltage, synchronous step down controller that directly steps down voltages from up to 60V.
The MP2908A uses PWM current control architecture with accurate cycle-by-cycle current limiting and is capable of driving dual N-channel MOSFETs. Advanced asynchronous mode (AAM) enables non-synchronous operation and PFM mode to optimize light-load efficiency. The operating frequency of the MP2908A can be programmed by an external resistor or synchronized to an external clock for noise-sensitive applications. Full protection features include precision output over-voltage protection (OVP), output overcurrent protection (OCP), and thermal shutdown.
• Dual N-channel MOSFET driver
• 99.5% maximum duty cycle
• 180º out-of-phase SYNCO
• Power good output voltage monitor
• Overcurrent protection (OCP)
• Programmable CCM, AAM, and pulse-skipping mode
• 0.8V voltage reference with ±1.5% accuracy over-temperature
• Programmable frequency range: 100kHz to 1000kHz
• Programmable soft start
• Output over-voltage protection (OVP)
• Internal LDO with external power supply option
• TSSOP20-EP and QFN-20 (3 x 4mm) packages