Analog Signal Chain
The MCP39F521 is a highly integrated, single-phase power-monitoring IC designed for real-time measurement of input power for AC/DC power supplies, providing power and energy values.
It includes dual-channel delta sigma ADCs, a 16-bit calculation engine, EEPROM and a flexible 2-wire interface. An integrated low-drift voltage reference in addition to the 94.5dB of SINAD performance on each measurement channel allows for better than 0.1% accurate designs across a 4000:1 dynamic range.
- 0.1% error across 4000:1 dynamic range
- 64-bit wide import and export active energy accumulation registers
- 64-bit four quadrant reactive energy accumulation registers
- I2C interface, up to 400kHz clock rate
- Dedicated PWM output pin
- Fast calibration routines
- Built-in calculations for active and reactive energy accumulation
- Signed active and reactive power outputs
- 512bytes user-accessible EEPROM
- Dedicated zero crossing detection (ZCD) pin
- Automatic event pin control through fast voltage surge detection