This DSLP biased series provides over-voltage BS, VDSL2, ADSL2, ADSL2+, and G.fast with minimal effect on data signals. This silicon design innovation results in a capacitive loading characteristic that is compatible with these high bandwith applications.
These components adopt the patent granted EpiSCR silicon crowbar technology and industry popular cost competitive SOT23-6 package with flow-through lead frame design.
There are various VDRM options available in this series. This technology provides a better surge capability than traditional clamping silicon technology. This reduces the possibility of field failures caused by AC power fault and multiple transient surges or lightning without compromising the signal integrity, particularly at high data rates.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Compatible with VDSL2+ and G.fast (106MHz)
- Balanced voltage protection
- Superior surge capability of min 30A, typ 35A at 8/20μS, typ 15A at 5/310μS
- Fast response time
- Wide variety of VDRM options for precise protection level needs
- Ultra low capacitance characteristic provides low insertion loss and less distortion particularly in higher data rate signals
- Little insertion loss
- Flow-through pin assignment and layout ideal for high data rate
- 2nd level interconnect is Pb-free per IPC/JEDEC J-STD-609A.01
Typical applications for the DSLPxxxxT023G6 Series SIDACtor Protection Thyristors include tertiary and line driver side protection for digital subscriber line (DSL) equipment compliant with HD-SDI, HD-CVBS, VDSL2, ADSL2, ADSL2+, and G.fast data transmission standards.