Intelligent Power Modules (IPMs) simplify the design of power inverters and motor drivers by incorporating all the individual components for these functions onto a single device. These highly integrated devices improve the pre-driver and output power stages of these circuits by incorporating boot strap diodes, under-voltage protection, and over-current protection.
ON Semiconductor’s use of Insulated Metal Substrate Technology provides low noise, high reliability, and excellent thermal protection. This substrate technology is coupled with the integration of IGBTs, passive components, high voltage ICs, and embedded smart protection. This design reduces noise and time delays while simultaneously providing precise temperature
Quality and reliability are essential in order to cope with the physical stresses, design complications, and optimization needed for power delivery. ON Semiconductor’s IPMs make use of embedded protection, substrate technologies, and optimized semiconductor devices to make power delivery simplistic and efficient.
- Three-phase inverter with built-in thermistor
- Low thermal resistance with high power density
- Optimized IGBTs and diodes for high power efficiency
- Over-current and under-voltage protection
- Industrial Motors – Fans/Pumps/Compressors
- Production Equipment
- Factory Automation
- Industrial Robotics
- Excellent thermal conductivity
- Reduction in design effort
- Reduction in application failure and field repairs
- Low cost and high efficiency
- The GreenPoint® online analysis tool from ON Semiconductor provides an interactive environment to analyze IPM performance. Users can select a device to analyze operating conditions, view performance simulations, and download results.
- Multiple evaluations boards for three-phase motor drivers are available.
- Additional application notes and design guides are available.
|Product||Rating (V)||IO (A)||Substrate|