TE Connectivity’s (TE) miniature Micro-MaTch connector family provides a proven reliable connection. Its unique contact-spring system helps prevent fretting corrosion by absorbing movements between male and female contacts.
The Micro-MaTch contact concept is essentially different from other systems available. By its design, the traditional failure mode in tin-plated connections, fretting corrosion, is prevented. The separation of the two basic functions of the contact system (contact force generation and wire termination), enables the optimization of both functions and leads to relatively simple contact shapes.
The Micro-MaTch contact helps prevent fretting corrosion, the traditional failure mode in tin-plated connections. Relative movements caused by vibrations/thermal expansion can be prevented so that a gas tight connection can make the Micro-MaTch contact spring system fretting corrosion resistant.
- Tin-plated contact design
- One of the smallest systems available at 1.27mm
- UL-recognized: file no. E28476, vol. 23, section 4
- Guaranteed minimum contact force of 2.0N
- Fretting corrosion proof thanks to additional positioning spring member
- Fully plated contacts: no bare edges and no migration of corrosion products
- Contacts fully protected by polyester housings, except for side-entry female board connector
- Full range of application tooling from hand tool to fully automated equipment
- Wire connectors supplied on-tape and suitable for (semi-) automatic mass termination of 28AWG [0.08mm2 to 0.09mm2] ribbon cable
- Control units
- Navigation systems
- Base stations
- Set top boxes
- Audio equipment
- Dashboard systems