The TE Connectivity (TE) KILOVAC KHR500 “BUBBA II” is a high voltage, high rupture, 600A contactor that is smaller, lighter and switches significantly higher power than its predecessor, the EV500 “BUBBA”.
It is capable of handling in-rush currents up to 4000A and is hermetically sealed for use in harsh and explosive environments.
Configured as a single-pole, single-throw device, this contactor can handle voltages from 28VDC to 1000VDC and continuous 600A current. Because it is not polarity sensitive, TE’s KILOVAC KHR500 contactor allows bidirectional load switching. An integrated coil economizer reduces the power required to hold the contacts closed to 320mA at 24VDC. The contactor’s single-pole, double-throw auxiliary switch supports 3A at 125VRMS or 1A at 30VDC, and low level signals down to 5V/10mA.
TE’s KILOVAC KHR500 contactor offers an integrated dual-coil electronic “cut throat” economizer, and can withstand 100,000 cycles, operating from -40°C to +125°C.
With its rugged and robust design, the KILOVAC KHR500 contactor is ideal for ground vehicles, marine, solar, automotive and energy storage applications.
- Operates in explosive and harsh environments with a hermetically sealed contactor
- Saves space with a smaller size and lighter weight contactor
- Enables design flexibility with voltages from 28VDC to 1000VDC and continuous 600A current
- Allows for power switching in either direction with main power terminals that are not polarity sensitive
- Meets higher current transients associated with new battery technologies
- Ground vehicles
- Energy storage systems