The output voltage of the ISL8018 is adjustable in a range from 0.6V up to the value of the input voltage. It uses a current-control architecture to provide a fast response to transient events and excellent loop stability.
The ISL8018 integrates a pair of P- and N-channel MOSFETs, helping to minimize the external component count. With a dropout of less than 250mV at an output current of 8A, the regulator achieves very high efficiency of up to 97%. In addition, adjustable frequency and synchronization allow the ISL8018 to be used in applications requiring low noise.
The ISL8018 can be configured for discontinuous or forced continuous operation at light-loads. Forced continuous operation reduces noise and RF interference, while discontinuous mode provides high efficiency by reducing switching losses at light-loads.
The ISL8018 is supplied in a 3 x 4mm QFN package with exposed-pad lead frames for excellent thermal performance.
- ±10% output voltage margining
- Adjustable current limit
- Start-up with pre-biased output
- Internal soft start
- Frequency adjustable between 500kHz and 4MHz
- Short circuit protection
- Over-temperature protection
- Point-of-load modules
- Power supplies for microcontrollers, microprocessors, FPGAs and DSPs
- DC-DC converter modules for routers and switchers
- Portable instruments
- Test and measurement systems
- Devices powered by a lithium-ion battery
Part Supported: ISL8018
Board Part Number: ISL8018EVAL3Z
Description: The ISL8018EVAL3Z evaluation board is intended for use in point-of-load applications sourcing between 2.7V and 5.5V. The complete converter circuit occupies an area of 439mm2.