TE Connectivity’s (TE) MS5837-02BA is an ultra small gel filled pressure sensor optimized for both altimeter and barometric applications.
This waterproof sensor module includes a high linearity pressure sensor and an ultra low power 24-bit ΔΣ ADC with internal factory calibrated coefficients.
It provides a precise digital 24-bit pressure and temperature value with different operation modes that allow the user to optimize for conversion speed and current consumption.
A high resolution temperature output allows the implementation of an altimeter/thermometer function without any additional sensor.
The MS5837-02BA sensor can be interfaced to any microcontroller with I2C bus interface. The communication protocol is simple, without the need for programming internal registers in the device.
- Enable waterproof performance with altitude resolution of 13cm with gel filled design
- Provide precise digital 24-bit pressure and temperature value with ultra low power consumption
- Support design flexibility with ultra small size while providing precise outputs
- Optimize conversion speed (down to 0.5ms) and power consumption (0.6μA; stand-by ≤0.1μA at +25°C) with different operation modes
- Protect from underwater applications with a ceramic-metal package and sealing designed for 1.8 x 0.8mm o-ring
- Fitness trackers
- Mobile altimeter/barometer systems
- Bike computers
- Personal navigation devices
- Multisport watches
- Tire pressure