The ISL94202 is a Li-ion battery monitor IC that supports from three to eight series connected cells. It provides full battery monitoring and pack control. The ISL94202 provides automatic shutdown and recovery from out-of-bounds conditions and automatically controls pack cell balancing.
The ISL94202 is highly configurable as a standalone unit, but can be used with an external microcontroller, which communicates to the IC through an I2C interface.
- Eight cell voltage monitors support Li-ion CoO2, Li-ion Mn2O4, and Li-ion FePO4 chemistries
- Standalone pack control – no microcontroller needed
- Multiple voltage protection options (each programmable to 4.8V; 12-bit digital value) and selectable overcurrent protection levels
- Programmable detection/recovery times for over-voltage, under-voltage, overcurrent, and short circuit conditions
- Configuration/calibration registers maintained in EEPROM
- Open battery connect detection
- Integrated charge/discharge FET drive circuitry with built-in charge pump supports high side N-channel FETs
- Cell balancing uses external FETs with internal state machine or external microcontroller
- Enters low power states after periods of inactivity
- Charge or discharge current detection resumes normal scan rates
- Power tools
- Battery back-up systems
ISL94202EVKIT1Z Evaluation Kit
The ISL94202EVKIT1Z is a kit that facilitates testing of the ISL94202 Li-ion battery pack monitor and control ICs. The ISL94202 monitors cell voltage, current, and temperature. It converts the cell voltages, pack current, and temperatures to 12-bit digital values, provides cell balance control, and provides complete standalone battery pack operation.
Default standalone operation of the ISL94202 can be overridden by an external microcontroller.
The PC based Graphical User Interface (GUI) includes functions to monitor standalone operation and to demonstrate operation with an external microcontroller.
- Status LEDs monitor RGO, EOC, SD, and PSD conditions
- Jumper configuration single or split path applications
- Wake-up push-button for “exit sleep” control
- FETs-off push-button for quick all FETs-off condition
- Cell balance LEDs for MCB process observation
- PCB layout accommodates “solder braid” addition for high current evaluation
- Software enables real-time observation and data collection of 14 analog measurements and 27 digital status indicators
- This board has been configured and optimized for the following operating conditions:
- Configurable to 3 to 8 cells, default 3 cells
- Standard cell voltage range 2.699V to 4.250V
- OV/UV delay times 1 and 4 seconds respectively
- CB maximum delta voltage 0.501
- CB maximum/minimum voltage 4.032V and 3.100V
|ISL94202||3 to 8 cell standalone battery monitor|
|ISL94202EVKIT1Z||Evaluation kit for the ISL94202|