Our new 3D magnetic sensors were designed to take three dimensional sensing to new levels of accuracy on the lowest possible power consumption. Capable of measuring 3D, linear and rotational movement, they are perfect for a wide range of automotive, industrial and consumer applications such as indicators, gearsticks, e-meters, joysticks and white goods control knobs.
Highlights of our 3D magnetic sensor family include a small 6-pin package, contactless position sensing, high temperature stability, high communication speed and bi-directional communication between the sensor and micro- controller. An integrated wake-up function enables lowest system power consumption.
TLV493D-A1B6 for Consumer and Industrial Markets TLE493D-A1B6 for Automotive Markets
The 3D magnetic sensors (TLV493D-A1B6 and TLE493D-A1B6) offer accurate three dimensional sensing with extremely low power consumption. Within its small 6-pin package the sensor provides direct measurement of the x, y and z magnetic field components, making it ideally suited for the measurement of:
• Linear travel in three dimensions
• 360° angle rotation
With 3-axis measurement in a small package, the TLV493D-A1B6 provides contactless low power position sensing to applications currently using potentiometers or optical solutions. System size can be reduced, as magnetic threshold stability over temperature provides a more accurate and robust solution for these systems.
The sensor provides a standard 2-wire digital I2C interface, which enables high speed bi-directional communication between the sensor and microcontroller.
In keeping with the highest quality standards and environmental regulations, the sensor is RoHS compliant and JESD47 qualified.
- 3D magnetic sensing
- Integrated temperature sensing
- Low current consumption
- 0.007μA in power down mode
- 10μA in ultra low power mode
- 2.8V to 3.5V operating supply voltage
- Digital output via 2-wire standard I2C interface
- Bx, By and Bz linear field measurement up to ±130mT
- 12-bit data resolution for each measurement direction
- Resolution 98μT/LSB
- Operating temperature range from -40°C to +125°C
- TSOP6 package
- Joystick e.g. finger, thumb and gaming paddles
- E-meters e.g. anti-tampering
- Control elements e.g. white goods, multifunction knob
Additionally, our new sensors offer the highest quality and environmental standards.
Prepare for a new benchmark in size, accuracy and robustness!