The Renesas RZ family of ARM microprocessors (MPUs) enables high-resolution human-machine interface (HMI) and embedded vision with a range of single- and multi-core ARM Cortex®-A7, -A9 and -A15 cores with support for multiple cameras and displays with alpha blending, 2D/3D graphics, and H.264 video codecs. The RZ/A1 series of MPUs comes with up to 10 MB of on-chip SRAM, while the RZ/G1 series supports 3D graphics and full high-definition (FHD) video.
- High-end HMI displays
- 3D rendering for medical imaging
- Networked video camera systems
- Intelligent IoT end-points for face, object and gesture recognition
- Home automation gateways
- Ether CAT master with HMI
- 2-way video telephony
- ARM Cortex-A7 and -A15 CPU cores in dual and quad configurations for power or performance optimization
- 3D graphics engine for image rendering, plus 1080p 60fps video codec
- Shared IP and memory map over entire RZ/G1 MPU series
- Extensive network of ecosystem partners
- Enhance GUI expressiveness with 3D graphics and multistream video
- Optimize your design to minimize power dissipation or maximize performance
- Easily handle complex embedded vision and machine learning algorithms, including convolutional neural networks
- Linux, Android, & QNX design flows
- Execute in Place (XIP) from QSPI Flash
- 1000 DMIPS ARM Cortex-A9 processor
- Up to 10 MB of on-chip SRAM for frame buffering or code execution
- Support for up to two independent LCD displays and 4-layer graphics overlays with support for alpha blending
- Performance of a microprocessor (MPU) with the design simplicity of a microcontroller (MCU)
- Lower BOM cost thanks to no external DRAM, reduced PCB layers, and simple voltage regulator requirements
- Accelerated time to market
- Linux, RTOS, or bare-metal design-flows
RZ/G1 – High-End Graphics and Multistream Video
Renesas RZ/G1 Series MPUs enable rapid development of game-changing Linux, Android, and QNX-based embedded systems. Designed for use in home appliances and industrial, office, and medical equipment, the RZ/G1 Series extends the capabilities of the successful RZ/A1 Series MPUs to deliver high-end performance in applications such as graphics, multistream video, and embedded vision. The RZ/G1 Series features up to 1.5 GHz CPUs, 3D graphics acceleration, FHD H.264 video, and DDR3 memory interfaces for an ample performance margin.
RZ/A1 – Design-In 2D Effects that Look Almost like 3D with TES Guiliani-Lite Prepaid Platform
TES Guiliani on RZ/A1 is a cross platform C++ framework to develop visually appealing user interfaces. With TES Guiliani on RZ/A1, you can create stunning graphical user interfaces for embedded systems within minutes. TES Guiliani can be used with all RZ/A1 embedded MPUs and evaluated with the Stream It! RZ solution kit. Even better, with the new “Prepaid by Renesas” TES Guiliani-lite program, no GUI framework licensing costs arise for Renesas RZ/A1 customers in production.
To apply for your free “Prepaid by Renesas” TES Guiliani-lite license for Renesas RZ/A1q, click here.
© 2017 Renesas Electronics America Inc. (REA). All rights reserved. Trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.