The 600V CoolMOS P7 is the successor of the 600V CoolMOS P6 series, targeting a broad range of applications ranging from low power SMPS up to highest power levels. The 600V CoolMOS P7 is Infineon’s most well-balanced CoolMOS technology in terms of combining ease-of-use (e.g. low ringing) with excellent efficiency performance and reasonable price.
600V CoolMOS P7 achieves up to 1.5% better efficiency and 4.2°C lower MOSFET temperature versus competitor offerings. Its gate charge Qg and Eoss are 30 to 60% lower compared to previous CoolMOS families and competition, which leads to reduced driving and switching losses that allow high efficiency in various power classes. Furthermore, the optimized RDS(ON) enables smaller footprints and higher power density.
The excellent ease-of-use level of the 600V CoolMOS P7 results from carefully selected integrated gate resistors. In addition, 600V CoolMOS P7 comes with an outstanding body diode ruggedness which makes it the perfect fit for hard and soft switching applications. Finally, the 600V CoolMOS P7 offers an excellent ESD robustness of >2kV (HBM) over the whole portfolio in order to improve assembly yield. For products with RDS(ON) values higher than 100mΩ, the high ESD level is guaranteed by an integrated Zener diode.
The wide variety of RDS(ON) from 37mΩ to 600mΩ in both through-hole and surface mount (SMD) packages makes 600V CoolMOS P7 suitable for applications such as lighting, TV sets, notebook adapters, PC power, solar inverters, servers, telecom rectifiers and for EV charging. For the first time products are qualified for standard and industrial grade, allowing the customer to choose the correct type for the application requirements.
- Outstanding commutation ruggedness
- Optimized balance between efficiency and ease-of-use
- Significant reduction of switching and conduction losses
- Excellent ESD robustness >2kV (HBM) for all products
- Better RDS(ON)/package products compared to competition enabled by a low RDS(ON) x A (below 1Ω x mm²)
- Large portfolio with granular RDS(ON) selection qualified for a variety of industrial and consumer grade applications
- Suitable for hard and soft switching (PFC and LLC)
- Ease-of-use and fast design-in through low ringing tendency and usage across PFC and PWM stages
- Simplified thermal management due to low switching and conduction losses
- Higher manufacturing quality due to >2kV ESD protection
- Increased power density solutions enabled by using products with smaller footprint
- Suitable for a wide variety of applications and power ranges
- PC power