The ISL8215M power module is a single channel synchronous step down complete power supply capable of delivering up to 15A of continuous current. Operating from a single 7V to 42V wide input power rail and integrating the controller, power inductor and MOSFETs, the ISL8215M is optimized for space constrained and battery operated applications.
With high efficiency, including a selectable light load mode, and low thermal resistance, the ISL8215M permits full power operations without any heatsink over most conditions. It also provides fast transient response and excellent loop stability while a 40ns typical minimum on-time allows single step low duty cycle down conversions to point-of-load voltages.
The ISL8215M only requires a few external components to operate with its pin strapping configuration technology and provides high power density solution in a reduced footprint.
The module implements a programmable soft-start to reduce the inrush current from the input supply. A dedicated enable pin and power-good flag allow for easy system power rails sequencing with voltage tracking capability. Input under-voltage lockout (UVLO), over-temperature, programmable overcurrent, output over-voltage, and output pre bias start-up protections ensure safe operations under
abnormal operating conditions.
The ISL8215M is available in a compact RoHS compliant thermally-enhanced 9 x 13 x 5.3mm HDA package.
- 15A single-channel complete power supply
- Integrates controller, MOSFETs, and inductor
- 7V to 42V wide input voltage range
- Adjustable output voltage
- 0.6V to 12V wide output voltage range
- 40ns on-time low duty cycle conversion capable
- ±1.5% accuracy over line, load, and temperature
- Up to 96.5% efficiency
- 300kHz to 2MHz adjustable PWM operations
- External synchronization up to 1MHz
- Selectable light-load PSM/DEM efficiency mode
- Enable pin and power-good flag
- Programmable soft start or voltage tracking
- Complete protection
- UVLO, programmable overcurrent, over-voltage, and over-temperature
- Prebias output start-up
- Industrial and medical equipment
- Aftermarket automotive
- Telecom and datacom equipment