Wireless connectivity within the IoT space has ushered in a focused concentration on automation and control along with information analytics. Wearable devices emphasize the need for activity tracking and location awareness while medical devices require sensor driven decision analytics. These areas of focus all culminate and necessitate that the wireless connectivity within the end application have low power consumption, high performance, and be small and simple to implement.
ON Semiconductor’s new RSL10 brings ultra low power wireless technology to wearables, health, IoT, and other end applications. RSL10 offers the industry’s lowest power consumption in Deep Sleep Mode and Rx Mode, without sacrificing system size or performance – both of which are critical factors. Offering Bluetooth 5 functionality, the RSL10 helps provide any connected device with advanced wireless features while minimizing battery drain. ON Semiconductor has also integrated this device into a shield for use with the modular IoT Development Kit.
Unlike most other multi-protocol radio SoCs, RSL10 is specifically designed for applications using 1.2V and 1.5V batteries, and supports a voltage supply range between 1.1V and 3.3V without a required DC/DC converter. The highly integrated radio SoC features a dual core architecture and a 2.4GHz transceiver, providing the flexibility to support Bluetooth low energy technology and 2.4GHz proprietary or custom protocols.
- Lowest Peak Rx power consumption (62.5nW)
- Supports Bluetooth low energy and 2.4GHz proprietary/custom protocols
- Faster data rates (up to 2Mbps provided by Bluetooth 5)
- Flexible voltage supply range: supports 1.2V and 1.5V batteries without a required external DC/DC converter
- Sophisticated dual core architecture, featuring a programmable ARM® Cortex®-M3 processor and 32-bit Digital Signal Processor (DSP) for intensive signal processing applications
THE TOOLS TO HELP
- Sophisticated Integrated Development Environment (IDE), with ARM CMSIS-Packs supporting other software
- Wide range of Bluetooth low energy protocols, sample code, and libraries
- Easy-to-use development hardware based on Arduino® form-factor
THE END APPLICATIONS
- Smart locks, lighting and IoT applications
- Wireless-enabled low voltage devices
- Pulse, glucose, and heart rate monitors
- Fitness trackers and wearables
- Hearing aids