CBI all-in-one UPS power solutions from Altech Corp.® combine multiple functions in a single device for use as a power supply unit, battery charger, battery care module, or backup module. This “intelligent” device is compatible with a range of common battery types and is fully equipped with a real-time diagnostics system to continuously monitor battery status, charging levels, and potentially emerging battery faults. The CBI device ultimately will suit any battery-power application in any industry or setting where battery reliability is essential and the availability of backup power is critical.
The CBI DC-UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) device is available in 12VDC, 24VDC, and 48VDC output versions for pairing with conventional battery types including open lead acid, sealed lead acid, lead gel, and Ni-Cd (as an option). The device features three charging levels (Recovery, Boost, or Trickle), allows for adjustment of charging current (from 20% to 100% of output current), and automatically and ideally distributes available power among load and battery. High efficiency up to 91% is achieved through switching technology.
The device’s battery-charging function is microprocessor-controlled and uses algorithms to detect a battery’s condition and then choose the appropriate charging mode. Real-time diagnostics enable easy battery diagnosis and fault identification (displayed by LED) to protect against potentially occurring faults, such as short circuit, inverted polarity, overload, or disconnection of the battery. If the CBI device ever becomes disconnected from the main power source, the battery will serve to supply the load until battery voltage reaches 1.5V per cell, preventing deep battery discharge.
The CBI device performs over a wide temperature range from -40ºC to +70ºC (-40ºF to +158ºF) and is housed in a compact and rugged DIN rail mounted metal case offered in three sizes.
This power solution builds upon and expands Altech’s extensive line of dedicated CB battery chargers, which feature the same advanced automatic diagnostics, charging level options, and protection against potential faults. All Altech power solutions meet relevant safety and EMC product standards.
The all-in-one device is covered by a three-year warranty and custom products can be developed to meet particular application requirements.
- Three charging modes
- Several output protection modes
- Compact, rugged metal case
- Available in 12VDC, 24VDC and 48VDC
- Suitable for most common battery types
- Three charging modes
- Adjustable charging current
- Easy battery diagnosis and fault identification either by LED or external devices connected to fault
- Status contacts
- High efficiency up to 91% through switching technology
- Several output protection features such as short circuit, overload, deep battery discharge, etc.
- DIN rail mounting
- Deep discharge protection
- Power supply, battery charger, battery care module and backup module in one device
- Universal input voltages upto 277V AC
- Large variety of output voltages and power options
- Small size
- 3-year warranty
- Industrial water pumping
- Light security
- Marine applications
- Motorway light message boards
- Portable equipment
- Power supply continuity
- Remote measurement station
- Security doors for banks
- Security systems
- Security vision control
- Waterworks control
- Wireless control