The AP7380 series of ultra-low dropout regulators introduced by Diodes Incorporated operates from a wide 24V input voltage range and offers various fixed output voltage options to address common system requirements. These features, combined with high accuracy and an ultra-low quiescent current, make this device well-suited for use in various USB power, portable equipment, consumer, instrumentation and metering applications.
The AP7380’s wide 3.5V to 24V input voltage range enables operation from standard 5V, 9V and 12V system power rails with sufficient overhead to cope with supply transients. Regulated output voltage variants at 3.0V, 3.3V, 4.15V, 4.4V and 5.0V are offered, supporting common point-of-load requirements. The device provides excellent line/load regulation, maintaining a room temperature output accuracy of 1.0% under all I/O voltage conditions up to a maximum rated load current of 150mA.
The ultra-low dropout performance of the AP7380 is typified by a dropout voltage of just 250mV at an output voltage of 5V and load current of 50mA, while the device’s low quiescent current of 1.8μA minimizes standby power and extends the operating life of battery-powered equipment. The AP7380 also integrates a thermal shutdown function to protect equipment from over-temperature conditions.
The AP7380 series is offered in SOT25 and SOT89 packages.
The AP7380 maximizes system run times with its extremely low quiescent current.
- Wide input voltage: 3.5V to 24V
- Covers 5V, 9V and 12V power rails with good transient withstand
- Wide fixed output voltage variants: 3.0V, 3.3V, 4.15V, 4.4V and 5.0V
- Covers standard I/O voltage levels
- Low quiescent current at 1.8μA
- Extends battery life battery operated products/li>
- Minimizes standby power in low-power systems/li>
- Two pin-outs in SOT25
- Matches industry standard footprints
- Enable function on one extends battery life even further
- 1% output accuracy at room temperature
- Maintains accuracy under all conditions
- Built-in over-temperature protection (OTP) function:
- Protects system from over-temperature conditions
- Battery-powered equipment
- Ruggedized PC/tablets
- Notebook computers
- Home appliances
|Part Number||VIN (V)||Vout (V)||Iout (mA)||VDROP at Full Load (mV)||IQ (μA)||Output Accuracy (%)||Enable||BYPASS Cap||Package|
|AP7380-XXY-13||3.5 to 24||3.0, 3.3, 4.15, 4.4, 5.0||150||1,100||1.8||1||No||No||SOT89|
|AP7380-XXW5-7||3.5 to 24||3.0, 3.3, 4.15, 4.4, 5.0||150||1,100||1.8||1||Yes||No||SOT25|
|AP7380-XXWR-7||3.5 to 24||3.0, 3.3, 4.15, 4.4, 5.0||150||1,100||1.8||1||No||No||SOT25|