Spin your design into the Future!
Let’s get started:
1. Insert both CR2032 coin cell batterys into STidget Spinner
2. Click on the link below to download the STidget App from the iOS App Store:
3. Alternatively, you can go to the App Store and Search “Stidget”
4. After you have successfully downloaded “STidget” from the App Store, go ahead and open the app by selecting the Stidget Icon
When the “STidget” App opens, you will see the follow screen. The App will automatically search for and discover the STidget as long as the batteries have been inserted.
5. Select the “CONNECT” button to connect to the STidget
6. The iOS device and the Spinner will try to connect.
7. The spinner will exhibit the following behavior:
|Connected||Green on for 5 Seconds. Then Blue Flashing. Trying to connect. Typically, you would start the app on your smart device. Then Blue LED turns solid||Color Change vs rpm. Data is shown in Dashboard mode.||Allows manual control of LED Colors using the LED Control mode on the app||Allows manual control of LED Colors using the LED Control mode on the app|
|Unconnected||Green on for 5 Seconds. Then Blue Flashing. Trying to connect.||Color Change vs rpm; waiting for connection||waiting for connection||Green will flash twice, then go to Sleep. BLE will stop trying to connect|
8. To cycle through the modes, depress the switch:
9. The STidget App has three screen modes: Motion, LED Control, and Environment
10. Time of Flight Sensor measures about 20cm only.
11. Please take off the batteries to conserve battery life
Why choose to develop with STMicrolectronics?
STMicrolectronics has made development fast and affordable through the STM32 Open Development Environment. Select from a myriad of Nucleo development and expansion boards to prototype innovative devices and applications based on the STM32 MCU family. Use the STM32CubeMX, which provides all the drivers and middleware, to generate initialization C code quickly. Finally, compile and debug with your favourite IDE including free ones like Keil (for STM32L0/F0), AC6, Atollic, ARMembed and CooCox.