Spin your design into the Future!
Let’s get started:
1. Insert both CR2032 coin cell batteries into STidget Spinner
2. Click on the link below to download the STidget App from the iOS App Store:
3. Alternatively, you can go to the App Store and Search “Stidget”
4. After you have successfully downloaded “STidget” from the App Store, go ahead and open the app by selecting the Stidget Icon
5. Select the “CONNECT” button to connect to the STidget
6. The iOS device and the Spinner will try to connect.
7. The spinner will exhibit the following behavior:
|Mode||1 - FIXED COLOR LED MODE||2 - AUTOMATIC COLOR CHANGING LED MODE||3 - SLEEP MODE|
|Connected||Upon start up: Green on for 5 Seconds. Then Blue Flashing. Trying to connect. Typically, you would start the app on your smart device. Then Blue LED turns solid. Then turn off. FW then enters the Fixed Color LED mode.||Color Change vs rpm automatically. Depending on the rpm, you will see Green, Yellow, Red or White.||Allows manual control of LED Colors using the LED Control mode on the app|
|Connected||Dashboard Screen: you will see RPM and Distance being measured. LED colors are fixed. By default LED are off until you change it in the LED Control Screen. OR LED Control Screen: You can change the colors on the LEDs by selecting the color of your choice from the palette. They remain fixed.||Dashboard Screen: you see will RPM and Distance measured. You cannot change the colors on the LEDs. They change automatically OR LED Control Screen: You cannot change the colors on the LEDs. They change automatically|
|Unconnected||Green on for 5 Seconds. Then Blue Flashing. Trying to connect.||Color Change vs rpm; waiting for connection||Green will flash twice, then go to Sleep. BLE will stop trying to connect|
8. To cycle through the modes, depress the switch:
9. The STidget App has three screen modes: Motion, LED Control, and Environment
10. Place your hand over the STidget, the Time-of-Flight sensor will measure this distance.
11. Device will go into Sleep Mode after 2 mins (FW2.0)
12. Please take off the batteries to further conserve battery life
Why choose to develop with STMicrolectronics?
STMicrolectronics has made development fast and affordable through the STM32 Open Development Environment. Select from a myriad of Nucleo development and expansion boards to prototype innovative devices and applications based on the STM32 MCU family. Use the STM32CubeMX, which provides all the drivers and middleware, to generate initialization C code quickly. Finally, compile and debug with your favourite IDE including free ones like Keil (for STM32L0/F0), AC6, Atollic, ARMembed and CooCox.