Long term reliability and longevity of LEDs are key. BCR430U is the best choice when you need to drive low power LED strings and strips supplied by a DC voltage source while still requiring more flexibility in voltage headroom.
BCR430U is a linear LED controller IC in a small SOT23-6 package regulating the LED current in standalone operation without the need of any external power transistor. It is suitable for driving currents from 5mA to 100mA and the IC supply voltage range is from 6V up to 42V. The LED current level can be adjusted by connecting a high ohmic resistor Rset to pin RS.
The voltage drop at the integrated LED driver stage can go down to 200mV at 50mA and less, improving the overall system efficiency and providing extra voltage headroom to compensate for tolerances of LED forward voltage or supply voltage. This means being able to have e.g. one LED more on board, or reducing the number of controllers needed, saving space and BOM.
The driving current is always under control no matter the temperature thanks to a smart temperature controlling circuit, reducing the LED current when the junction temperature of BCR430U is very high.
Figure 1: Typical application diagram 24V LED Driver
Figure 2: LED current versus voltage drop (VS = 24V, RSET = 6.2KΩ)
- Typical 135mV saturation voltage at 50mA
- Smart over-temperature protection
- Supply voltage from 6V to 42V
- LED current precision ±5%
BCR430U LED Board
- Typical input voltage 24V using onboard LEDs
- Default LED current 50mA (adjustable from 5mA to 100mA)
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
- Very low voltage drop allows use of more LEDs (in a string)
- Stable output current for homogenous light output
- Smart over-temperature protection to avoid degradation of LEDs over lifetime
- LED strips
- Architectural LED lighting
- LED displays and channel letters
- Emergency lighting
- Retail lighting
- White goods lighting
Figure 3: BCR430U LED board. Low voltage drop LED driver board
View the 3D interactive experience of the BCR430U LED Board now!