MINMAX’s new MDWI08 series of 8W isolated DC/DC converters, housed in a 16-pin DIP package measuring just 0.94” x 0.54” x 0.31” (23.8 x 13.7 x 8.0mm), offers a very high power density of up to 50W/in3. The shielded metal package has a built-in EMI filter.
The MDWI08 series consists of 14 models which operate over wide input-voltage ranges of 9V – 36V or 18V – 75V. Single-output models are available with fixed outputs of 3.3V, 5V, 12V, 15V or 24V, or dual outputs of ±12V or ±15V.
Typical efficiency when supplying the maximum 8W load is up to 86%.
The converters operate over an ambient temperature range of -40°C to +80°C. The converters’ output is derated at over +70°C with no forced air cooling required.
The MDWI08 converters offer precise regulation of the outputs: line regulation is accurate to a maximum ±0.8%, and load regulation to ±1.0%.
The MDWI08 has no minimum load requirement, and no-load power consumption is very low: the 9V – 36V models draw just 3.1mA at no load, and the 18V – 75V parts draw 2.1mA.
- 1,500V DC I/O isolation
- Under-voltage, overload and short-circuit protection functions
- Conforms to EMI requirements of EN 55032 Class A and FCC Level A regulations
- Safety approvals: UL/cUL/IEC/EN 62368-1 (60950-1)
- CE marked
- Three-year warranty
- Battery-powered equipment
- Distributed power architectures in communication systems
- Industrial equipment