The new 3D magnetic sensor family TLE/TLI/TLV493D offers accurate three dimensional sensing with extremely low power consumption. Within its small 6-pin package, the sensor provides direct measurement of the x, y and z components of a magnetic field.
Thus, the sensor family is ideally suited for the measurement of:
- 3 dimensional movement within a magnetic field
- Linear slide movement
- 360° angle rotation
By combining 3-axis measurement in a small package, with low power consumption, the TLE/TLI/TLV493D sensors provide a contactless position sensing alternative to applications which traditionally use mechanical or optical solutions. The system size for these applications can be reduced as magnetic threshold stability over-temperature provides a highly accurate and more robust solution for those systems.
Infineon’s sensor provides a standard 2-wire digital I2C communication interface, which enables a bi-directional communication between the sensor and microcontroller.
In keeping with the highest quality standards and environmental regulations, the sensor is RoHs compliant, JESD47 or AEC-Q100 qualified and supports system according functional safety standard ISO 26262.
Consumer and Industry
- Joystick e.g. finger, thumb and gaming paddles
- E-meters e.g. anti-tampering
- Control elements e.g. white goods, multifunction knob
- Control elements for infotainment/navigation systems, air conditioners, multifunctional steering wheels or light switches
- Top column module, e.g. direction indicator, wiper control
- Gear stick position sensing
- 3-dimensional magnetic field sensing (Bx, By and Bz)
- Integrated temperature sensing
- Low-current consumption
- 7nA in power down mode
- 10μA in low power operation at 50Hz
- 2.8V to 3.5V operating supply voltage
- Digital output via 2-wire standard I<sup>2</sup>C interface
- Bx, By and Bz linear field measurement up to ±160mT
- 12-bit data resolution for each measurement direction
- Resolution 130μT/LSB (optional 65μT/LSB)
- Sample rate 0.04 … 8.4KHz
- TSOP6 package
- Operating temperature range from -40°C to +125°C
e.g. top column module
e.g. control button
e.g. gear stick
S2GO 3D-SENSE TLV493D Boards
The S2Go_3DSense_TLV493D boards offer a unique customer and evaluation experience – the boards are equipped with one TLV493D-A1B6 magnetic sensor and come with a ready to use Arduino library. Customers can now develop their own system solutions by combining 2Go boards together with Infineon MyIoT adapters. MyIoT adapters are gateways to external hardware solutions like Arduino and Raspberry PI, which are popular IoT evaluation platforms. All this enables the fastest evaluation and development of IoT system on the market!