At the core of small and portable IoT devices which witness increased functionality with every passing day, are the sensors that capture data. Redpine Signals’ RS14100 WiSeMCU™ product range is the ideal match for such battery-operated devices which lets designers to effortlessly add features and multi-protocol wireless connectivity.
The RS14100 covers all aspect of the present day intelligent sensor hub, by integrating multiple unique peripherals with an ultra-low power microcontroller and wireless sub-system in an architecture that is optimized to manage and process multiple sensors functioning within budgeted power consumption. Figure 1 provides a potential fitness application based on RS14100.
Figure 1: Fitness Application Using RS14100
- Efficient on-chip application processor based on ARM® Cortex®-M4F with up to 180MHz performance, up to 4MB dedicated flash
- Co-existence of multiple wireless protocols including 802.11a/b/g/n (2.4GHz and 5GHz), dual-mode Bluetooth 5 and 802.15.4 (capable of running Thread or ZigBee)
- Ultra-low power sensor hub peripherals such as voice activation detection (VAD), touch sensor inputs, ADC, DAC, filters and several GPIOs for attaching other sensors
- Multiple levels of security including PUF (Physically Unclonable Function), Crypto HW accelerators, Secure Bootloader and Secure Zone
- Ultra-low power consumption with multiple power modes to reduce the system energy consumption
- Fully integrated and wireless certified modules with multiple sizes as small as 4.63 x 7.9mm
- Integrated networking and wireless stacks for ease of integration
- Leading edge RF performance providing long range and higher throughputs
Figure 2: RS14100 architecture